Why an accountant for small business in Atlanta, GA is important at every stage.
What do you know about accountants for small businesses in Atlanta, GA? If you’re a small business owner and you don’t know how vital it is to have an accountant on your team, it’s time to take a good hard look at why you should. They’re not just for daily bookkeeping and taxes. There are countless ways an accountant can help you start, grow, and keep your business thriving through the years. Let’s take a look at how they benefit your business at every stage.
Accountants during Startup
So, you think you want to start your own business. How hard can it be? Millions of people do it every year. The difference, however, between businesses that take off and businesses that flounder right out of the gate is good advice and guidance. When you hire an accountant at the same time you’re setting up your company, chances are good you’ll get off on the right foot. How can they help so early in the game?
- Provide guidance and advice when creating a business plan and business model
- Advise on business setup and structure
- Help with the financial planning and creating a financial outlook to help with funding and loans
- Assistance with obtaining business licenses
- Early set up of expense tracking and bookkeeping basics
Accountants and Day-to-Day Operations
Accountants aren’t just useful for the big stuff like tax filing, financial planning, and budget creation. They’re also incredibly advantageous to have on your team for the daily operation of your business. While a great bookkeeper can make sure all of your financial data and information is up to date and recorded properly, your accountant can work with your bookkeeper to make sense of all of that financial information. Other tasks they’ll manage include:
- Month-end accounting
- Financial statements
- Ensure compliance with government regulations
- Oversee and manage payroll for your employees and contractors
- Find cost savings when working with vendors and suppliers
- Manage tax preparation year-round, not just at tax time
- Create financial reports and summaries
- Assist with budget creation and management
- Contract oversight and administration
- Asset and inventory tracking
Accountants When Your Business Is Growing
With a lot of work and a little luck, your business will get off the ground quickly and continue to grow. But it’s more than just sweat equity and good fortune that will determine when and if your company will thrive. You need people in your corner who will help you steer it in the right direction.
While you are undoubtedly the subject matter expert when it comes to your product or service, you might not be an expert when it comes to the services a good accountant can provide. For example, they offer:
- Advice to help you manage growth responsibly and plan accordingly, so you don’t get behind and end up over-promising, and under-delivering
- Identify potential opportunities you can take advantage of to help promote the growth and build the business the way you want, to fit your vision
- Assist with planning for expansion
- Help make appropriate and well-informed choices when investing in equipment, inventory, and overhead
- Guidance with industry pricing to keep you profitable and competitive
- Perform cash flow analysis to help with decisions regarding growth
- Create reliable financial forecasting to help guide those decisions
You can’t expect to wear all of the hats in your company, even when it’s just in the initial stages of creation. Having a professional advise you and help you when it comes to the finances of your business is critical, right from the start. They can help you with startup decisions and paperwork, they can keep things humming along during your daily operations, and they can guide you when you’re growing. And even during lulls in business and sales, which are unavoidable at some point, they can help keep you afloat by keeping finances under control, helping manage expenses, and negotiate interest rates that can help get you through the hard times.
To find the right accountant, look no further than Accounting Partners. Get in touch with our experts today at 678-990-0924 for a free consultation to learn how an accountant for small business in Atlanta, GA can help your business.